Saturday 10 January 2015

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon (Video Game Review)


Created for a niche audience and crafted with the desire to appeal to only a few key members, whether or not you get this game hinges upon one question:

Are you a fan of Warhammer 40,000?

While this might seem like a query commonplace in any franchise’s foray into video games, it’s doubly important here. Without an already existing attachment to the grim darkness of the far future, what players will find is merely a reskinned Panzer Corps with a few gimmick units.

1 comment:

  1. This is one I'll certainly be looking at (I'm going to be playing through This War of Mine first), you'd be surprised at just how much a little skin change/name change can alter the feel of a game. Before FTL Advanced Edition came out I installed a Mass Effect mod on it that changed all the species and slightly altered the plot and suddenly I was having a lot more fun playing it even though the gameplay mechanics were the same, so since I'm a 40K fan I'd only really stay away if it turned out to be an outright bad game, a shame it's not a great one though.

    ReplyDelete