Saturday 2 February 2019

Ongoing Problems and Surprise Absenses

So, hello there. Yes, I was away for a while, and no, it's not for petty reasons this time. The last two years have been especially turbulent for anyone in the USA or UK, and I was no exception. While I would rather not go into full details, suffice to say that I ended up facing a near perfect storm of crap from every angle. It was a sea of faeces with no rescue boat in sight, meaning I was just left swimming for dear life, to stretch that analogy past the point of being extreme.

However, as you should be allowed a few answers, sudden pause in output on here was threefold - My house was undergoing heavy reworking, meaning that everything I owned was packed away for quite some time. This included books to review, my PC and anything I used to get on with day to day life. No, I was allowed no dissent in this matter when someone else decided it for all of us. This is still ongoing even now, but it is at a more manageable level.

Atop of this, there were multiple health issues which I was forced to contend with. These are being resolved, but the one which put me out of commission was a bout of severe depression the likes of which I have not felt in years. For several months everything seemed utterly meaningless, and in all honesty that still has not entirely ended. I at least have some stability in my life and more direction, but it has been problematic. It's an issue which was only made worse by my job, which has seen a substantial boost in required work from its staff, and a substantial reduction in the number of people there.

Finally, much of my free time has been devoted to trying and failing to oppose Brexit. Anything, everything, any possibility of opposing the undeclared suicide pact xenophobes, idiots and opportunistic opportunists have made with us was one I jumped on. This ranged from any act, from turning my Twitter feed into a mass of reports on the situation, to marching on London and offering what funds I could to help try and bring some degree of sanity back to politics. Unfortunately, our unelected Prime Minister is hell bent upon sinking this country into the sea, and nothing has changed. This is still going to take up time until the bitter end, but things will likely become much worse before they get any better.

From here on, there will be general updates. I have one somewhat surprising article which will be appearing soon, along with a multitude of long overdue books. So, we'll be trying to push on to get this backlog over and done with while keeping up with modern updates. I can't promise as and when they will be complete, but we'll just have to see how quickly I can get to grips with all of them.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you're getting proper help with your depression, that's a serous issue that has plagued a number of people I know.

    Aside from that, given everything that's happened in the UK I'm very glad that I live in Canada. I'm not going to pretend I know the situation you're in, but from what I've seen it definitely doesn't look like a good one and I do hope it doesn't get any worse (and not just because I enjoy your articles). Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, at the moment i'm not able to do that. There is a serious cost involved with that sort of thing, but I have been staving it off with a mixture of focusing on work and trying to distract myself when needed. Thank you though.

      Trust me, it's even worse than you know.

      Delete
  2. It was thanks to your articles that I got into the 40k hobby.
    Endure to the end, brother. The Emperor always protects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you indeed, that was quite unexpected, but I am glad that they were of some help to you.

      Delete
  3. This is formerly Sanguine Simison. (I'm having a fight with the Internet).

    In reverse order, I'd advise you chill on Brexit. It doesn't sound like it's doing good things to you, and there is a possibility that Brexit may turn into a good thing.

    I'm glad you've beaten back the depression to make these recent posts. Enjoy these small victories and use them to fuel the next victory.

    And I'm glad that the reworking is now manageable and may it soon come to a happy end.

    I'll be around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't say I agree entirely with that, but thank you indeed for the kind words, and for sticking with the blog during the quiet period.

      Delete
  4. Keep up the fight! It sounds that slowly you are geting throu all that dirt even if it goes slow. Btw, I also hope Brexit never happends!

    ReplyDelete